Each of our team members brings something unique and special to CFGP. And while we all come from different backgrounds and specialties, we all share one important value: the drive to serve others. Our team is comprised of bright, hardworking individuals who will go above and beyond to help our community, our donors, our clients, and each other. If you’re looking for a career in nonprofit that will offer you a supportive environment, opportunity for growth, and the capacity to make projects your own, CFGP may be the place for you!
Chief Financial Officer
Jan 15, 2021
The Chief Financial Officer (CFO) serves as an integral member of the Senior Executive Management Team. This position is responsible for the financial strategy of the organization and oversight of all accounting, finance, and risk management activities. The CFO is also singularly responsible for the organization's human resources function (including payroll and benefits administration) and the management of legal/compliance activities. The CFO also serves as the primary management liaison to the Finance and Audit Committee and Investment Committee of the organization's Board of Trustees.
- Provide the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), Finance and Audit Committee and Board of Trustees with advice and insights into the financial implications of proposed business activities.
- Assist the CEO with high-level decisions about strategy, policies and personnel by providing CEO with actionable information relevant to each of these areas.
- Ensure that CFGP’s monthly accounting close is completed on a timely basis and that its monthly financial statements are accurate.
- On an annual basis, ensure that CFGP’s audited financial statements are completed in a timely manner and that an unqualified opinion on such statements is issued by the organization’s independent auditing firm. Ensure that CFGP’s annual tax return is accurately prepared and timely filed with IRS.
- On an annual basis, prepare CFGP’s operating budget for the coming year and obtain all requisite approvals to implement such budget from the CEO, Finance and Audit Committee and Board of Trustees.
- On a quarterly basis, prepare financial forecasts for the current year and compare those forecasts with previously budgeted amounts. Provide analysis of any significant variances to CEO, Finance and Audit Committee and Board of Trustees.
- On a daily basis, assist CFGP’s Staff Accountant, as necessary, in financial operations, including cash management, accounts receivable and accounts payable activities.
- Serve as CFGP’s primary point of contact with the organization’s bank, investment advisor, insurance broker and outside compliance firm, ensuring that all such relationships are functioning as expected, with effective and timely communication among the parties.
- Supervise CFGP’s Staff Accountant, ensuring that such individual performs assigned duties and responsibilities, as directed.
- Provide necessary service and communication to clients, donors and fund holders.
- Serves as the finance representative of CFGP, as requested by the CEO, in marketing presentations to potential clients.
- Maintains a professional demeanor in dress and behavior, treats people with respect and dignity, maintains all donor and prospect information in the strictest confidence.
The successful candidate must exemplify the following characteristics:
- A deep commitment to the Mission of CFGP, and a passion for serving those in need.
- A strong understanding and dedication to the Roman Catholic faith.
- The ability to effectively build and maintain relationships with donors.
- An outcome-oriented and strategic thinker with a strong work ethic for high-quality performance and attention to detail.
- Able to work collaboratively as a member of a team, bringing Board, Committees and staff together into a singular focused effort toward the achievement of financial goals.
- The CFO will represent CFGP in the community and must reflect the Mission and Values of the organization and present the highest standards of professionalism in behavior and demeanor.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, finance or related field required; Master’s degree preferred. CPA license required.
- Minimum of 7 years of progressively responsible experience in senior management working in an accounting or finance role for a not-for-profit organization.
- Exceptional written, oral interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Self-reliant with exceptional problem-solving abilities.
- Team player with ability to multitask.
- Excellent business judgment and acumen, effective negotiator.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and PowerPoint).
During this period of COVID-19 and physical distancing, this position will utilize a hybrid remote and on-site work schedule. CFGP utilizes Outlook and Microsoft Teams for email, weekly check-ins, meetings, donor visits, and onboarding and training when necessary. We also utilize Comcast Business for remote phone access and Zoho People to update work hours and PTO. CFGP will provide staff with a laptop and other reasonable resources that would support a comfortable remote work environment. The overall role of this person may vary at times from the exact position description above, while the core responsibilities will remain the same.
Qualified applicants should submit a cover letter and resume. Completed applications should be sent by clicking the “Apply Now” button below. When prompted, please include the subject line "CFGP: CFO Application."
Dec 2, 2020
The Office Coordinator will report directly to the President and CEO and will also provide support for the Executive Management team. The purpose of this position is to provide administrative, reception and general office support.
1. Provide support services in order to ensure efficiency and effectiveness within the office.
2. Assist in planning meetings, including gathering materials and dialing conference calls.
3. Coordinate meeting calendars.
4. Prepare/Organize meetings and communicate details with attendees.
5. Credit/edit/format materials for meetings and other projects/presentations (assist in material creation, prepare packets for meetings, word merges, proof reading and checking for errors, print and mail letters, letter writing.
6. Prepare meeting minutes for committee and board meetings, as needed.
7. Track daily/weekly attendance of employees.
8. Produce, print and mail various types of acknowledgment letters for CFGP and clients.
9. Sort charitable contributions that come through the mail by fund and log checks, as needed.
10. Help maintain constituent data in Raiser's Edge, address updates, salutations, etc.
11. Assist with donor questions and concerns, as received.
Reception and General Office Responsibilities:
12. Receive, direct and relay phone and fax messages.
13. Send/receive mail and packages.
14. Answer the door/greet guests.
15. Maintain the appearance of the reception area and conference room.
16. Maintain the general filing system and file all correspondence, electronic and hard copies.
17. Maintain an adequate inventory of office supplies.
18. General office organization, including neat appearance of supply storage area.
19. Coordinate with the IT provider, as needed.
20. Coordinate with the building manager for service requests, as needed.
21. Assist with new employee preparation.
22. Regular, reliable, timely, and punctual on-site attendance.
23. An individual must be able to successfully perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
24. All other duties as assigned.
1. Use of technology - Office Suite.
2. Knowledge of Catholic beliefs and traditions preferred.
3. Flexibility in managing time and switching gears as projects take on increased importance.
4. Ability to communicate with other team members to complete projects.
1. Working with many different kinds of personalities.
2. Excellent knowledge of grammar.
3. Excellent communication skills in writing and speaking.
4. Organizational skills - prioritizing tasks and managing time to accomplish them.
5. Accuracy in ordering items.
6. Computer skills - writing, mail merging, charting.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume. Completed applications should be sent by clicking the “Apply Now” button below. When prompted, please include the subject line "CFGP: Office Coordinator Application."
During this period of COVID-19 and physical distancing, the number of team members in the office will be restricted for the safety of those that must come in. This position will be required to be in the office five days a week to ensure an appropriate workflow. All appropriate safety measures are taking place within the office in accordance with our Infectious Disease Business Continuity Plan.