Apr 9, 2021
The Project Coordinator will report directly to the Senior Director, Partner Development to assist in carrying out the Foundation’s development consulting projects. This position requires a broad range of skills in support of key objectives and goals relating to fundraising, development, and marketing.
The Project Coordinator will assist with projects for our largest client, Catholic Charities Appeal. The Catholic Charities Appeal is the Archdiocese of Philadelphia's single most important fundraiser benefiting hundreds of thousands of people through countless organizations and ministries in the Archdiocese. Beneficiaries are grouped into five key areas of focus: Education, Social Services, Evangelization, Parish and Spiritual Life, Clergy, and Local Mission Activities.
Multi-tasking and prioritization are important to successfully carry out all tasks. Responsibilities will include organizing all project-related elements, such as drafts of correspondence, presentations, and project results. In addition, various administrative responsibilities are necessary, including performing research, tracking and analyzing information and data, preparing progress reports, creating and maintaining project schedules, and filing project documents. Project Coordinators will also serve as a liaison between various departments, board members and parish staff to ensure a timely exchange of information. The accuracy of such information is vital to this position.
Project Coordinators will be asked to attend meetings and events off-site. Compensation for mileage and tolls will be provided, but Project Coordinators are responsible for their own transportation to and from such meetings and events.
Required Education and Experience
Bachelor’s Degree and 2+ years work experience
Required Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment while maintaining the accuracy of work
- Superior organizational skills and abilities in effectively prioritizing and meeting deadlines
- Demonstrated computer skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite programs
- Must have spreadsheet, presentation and word-processing skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with a focus on donor relations
- Excellent presentation, oral and written communication
- Access to a car and valid driver’s license
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter, resume and brief writing sample of their choosing. Completed applications should be sent to careers@theCFGP.org with the subject line "CFGP: Project Coordinator Application."
During this period of COVID-19 and physical distancing, the number of team members in the office will be restricted appropriately for the safety of all those on-site. This position will be required to be in the office multiple days a week to ensure appropriate workflow. All appropriate safety measures are taking place within the office in accordance with our Infectious Disease Business Continuity Plan.
Apr 5, 2021
The Staff Accountant will report to the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) and is responsible for maintaining accurate books and records for CFGP.
- Maintain daily accounting processes including accounts receivable, accounts payable and cash management.
- Prepare journal entries.
- Perform monthly reconciliations of all bank accounts.
- Assist CFO with analyses and documents in preparation of monthly and quarterly financial statements as well as annual audit.
- Special projects as needed.
Maintains a professional demeanor in dress and behavior, treats people with respect and dignity, maintains all donor and prospect information in the strictest confidence.
The successful candidate must exemplify the following characteristics:
- A deep commitment to the Mission of CFGP, and a passion for serving those in need.
- A strong understanding and dedication to the Roman Catholic faith.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, finance or related field required with a minimum of 3 to 5 years of accounting experience.
- Experience with Blackbaud’s Financial Edge Accounting software a plus.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and Powerpoint)
- Team player with strong communication, organization, and time management skills.
- Accuracy and attention to detail are required.
During this period of COVID-19 and physical distancing, the number of team members in the office will be restricted for the safety of those that must come in. This position will be required to be in the office five days a week to ensure appropriate workflow. All appropriate safety measures are taking place within the office in accordance with our Infectious Disease Business Continuity Plan.
Qualified applicants should submit a cover letter and resume. Completed applications should be sent by clicking the “Apply Now” button below. When prompted, please include the subject line "CFGP: Staff Accountant Application."